Dental Health Week is the Australian Dental Association’s (ADA) annual oral health campaign, which this year runs from 2 – 8 August.
The aim of this event is to educate Australians about the importance of keeping up a good oral health and to promote the message that no matter how busy you are, you can find the time to take care of your teeth and gums. Cause we all want to keep our teeth and smile for life. According to ADA the four key behaviours for maintaining good oral health are:
• Brushing teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
• Flossing daily
• Eating a healthy, balanced diet and limiting added sugar intake
• Visiting your dentist regularly for check-ups and preventive care
Having teeth removed because of tooth decay or gum disease doesn’t have to happen to you. We should all expect to keep our teeth for life and if you follow these four simple routines you can reach this goal. After all, you do not expect to lose an arm or leg, so why expect to lose any of your teeth?
It can be tempting to think that everyone is practising good teeth and mouth hygiene, however in reality many Australians’ oral health is not where it should be. For instance…
• 75% of adults rarely or never floss or clean between their teeth.
• 20% of adults brush only once per day.
• 39% of parents report their children drink 2 – 5 soft drinks per week.
• 65% of adults usually visit the dentist for a problem rather than a regular check-up.
• 47% of adults consume too much sugar.
So, to get your oral health on track, book a check-up with our dentists at Beyond Dental Care today. We’ll answer all your questions and show you the best way to take care of your teeth.
And it gets even better! If you book before 31 August 2021, you also go in the draw to win a twin pack of Phillips Sonicare 2 Series Power Toothbrush to the value of $169.99*. This makes it a whole lot easier to look after your teeth and keep your smile for life.
And if you already have an appointment in August, don’t worry – you will automatically go in the draw.